The Participatory Epidemiology Network for Animal and Public Health (PENAPH) first technical workshop was held on Dec 11-13, 2012 in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The committee accepted 34 abstracts out of 55 submissions as oral presentations and an additional 13 were accepted as posters. The workshop brought together trainers, practitioners and others interested in Participatory Epidemiology (PE) and its applications in animal health, one health and ecohealth. The following topics were discussed at the workshop:
- Participatory Epidemiology: lessons learned and perspectives – what worked, what didn’t, why and how?
- Methods for assessment and evaluation of surveillance programs that include Participatory Disease Surveillance
- Validation of participatory tools in epidemiology and comparison of Participatory Epidemiology with conventional research methods
- How to integrate Participatory Epidemiology and Participatory Disease Surveillance with conventional research and surveillance methods in animal health, one health and ecohealth?
- Participatory impact assessment of health related activities
- Innovative approaches from qualitative…
View original post 38 more words