Abstracts are warmly invited for both oral and poster presentations at the 2012 PENAPH Technical Workshop that will bring together trainers, practitioners and others interested in Participatory Epidemiology (PE) and its applications in animal health, one health and ecohealth. Please submit abstracts on work related to any of the following topics:
- Participatory Epidemiology: lessons learned and perspectives – what worked, what didn’t, why and how?
- Methods for assessment and evaluation of surveillance programs that include Participatory Disease Surveillance
- Validation of participatory tools in epidemiology and comparison of Participatory Epidemiology with conventional research methods
- How to integrate Participatory Epidemiology and Participatory Disease Surveillance with conventional research and surveillance methods in animal health, one health and ecohealth?
- Participatory impact assessment of health related activities
- Innovative approaches from qualitative and semi-quantitative research methods in fields other than animal health, one health & eco-health (e.g. social sciences, human epidemiology, or public health).
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 1st July 2012. All abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee of the PENAPH Technical Workshop. All authors will be contacted by 15th August 2012 and informed if their submission has been selected as an oral or poster presentation at the PENAPH Technical Workshop. The presenting author must register for the workshop by 30th September 2012.
For more information about the abstract submission and requirements, please read the short description on the PENAPH website at / or download the abstract template.